Syracuse Car Accident Lawyers
Even for the safest drivers, whenever you get into your car, truck, or on your motorcycle, there are unavoidable risks. The personal injury lawyers at the DeMore Law Firm are experienced in motor vehicle and motorcycle accident cases and we are here to help make sure you are fairly compensated for your injuries when someone else is at fault. We don’t spend our time making fancy commercials, silly jingles, or putting giant faces on billboards; we put all our focus on your auto-injury case.
Head-on collisions, T-boned, rear-ended, side-swiped, there’s numerous ways a reckless driver can injure you in a car crash. When you’re hurt in a motor vehicle accident, you can’t afford to wait. Take action now and contact an attorney who specializes in automobile and motorcycle accidents. There’s too many legal blind spots and obstacles for you to check on you own, that’s where our experienced team based in Syracuse, NY can help.
Truck & Car Accidents
Sharing our roads with big-rigs and semi-trucks are a part of life. Unfortunately so are the thousands of automobile accidents and deaths caused by trucks each year. These accidents can be more complicated than your typical car crash. There are always multiple parties involved from the truck driver, truck companies, insurance companies, and of course, other lawyers.
When you’re hit by a truck, your life can get very complicated quickly. You need a law firm that knows you and has the experience to get you the compensation and justice you deserve. To learn more about our experience helping people in the Syracuse area, read about our truck accident case results here.
Car & Motorcycle Accidents
In Syracuse, our motorcycle season is limited, which means not all drivers are always taking the proper precautions to keep motorcyclists safe. While it’s not a legal excuse, it’s a sad fact of life. If you or a loved one were hurt on a motorcycle due to the fault of another driver, contact our team of Syracuse motorcycle injury attorneys today for a free case evaluation.
Car & Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians can be seriously injured when they’re struck by a reckless or negligent driver. There’s no good times to be hit by a car, but while you’re walking can be one of the worst times as you’re likely very unprotected using the sidewalk or crossing the street. At any speed, a car accident involving a pedestrian can yield serious injuries. It’s important to seek medical attention immediately, but you’ll also want a trusted attorney by your side to ensure you get the proper care and compensation you need. Call us today if you were a pedestrian injured in a car accident.
Bicycle & Car Accidents
No one should ever have to worry about being hit by a negligent driver when they’re riding their bicycle, but unfortunately it does happen, especially as Syracuse makes efforts to make our streets more bicycle-friendly. We can’t change what happened, but we can help you recover financial compensation for your injuries. Injuries from being in an accident when you’re on a bicycle can range from minor cuts and bruises, to broken bones, and even serious injuries that could put you in the hospital for weeks, or even months.
• Bruising/Contusions – Even at low speeds, bruising is a common injury after an automobile accident, and rarely requires medical attention. A common source of bruising is your own seatbelt, however this minor injury usually doesn’t outweigh wearing your seatbelt, so always be sure to click it!
• Scrapes/Cuts – When you’re in a car wreck, every loose object in your car becomes a projectile. Airbags can also be a source of cuts, even when they deploy properly. While most scrapes in car accidents are minor and only require basic first aid, there is a chance of more serious injuries. It’s important to be mindful of what loose objects are in your car!
• Whiplash – If you’re experiencing pain or stiffness in your neck and back from a car accident, whiplash is likely the cause. This is due to strains in your muscles connected to your head and neck, and occurs when your head and body move separately, typically during rapid acceleration/deceleration.
• Neck/Back Injuries – Similar to whiplash, your body can go through quite a bit of trauma when you’re involved in an accident. This can lead to a number of injuries, including
• Concussions – Concussions should always be checked for during any head injury, and motor-vehicle collisions are no exception. While most you hear about are mild, concussions can be much more serious and impact your health in a multitude of ways.
• Traumatic Brain Injuries – More serious than your typical concussion, TBIs can have horrible effects that may last a lifetime. These injuries are some of the worst a car accident can lead to as it may completely change how you live your life.
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Many believe Post-Traumatic Stress disorder is reserved to specific traumas, but car accidents are not an uncommon source of PTSD. PTSD is a broad term that covers any emotions or mental trauma we humans experience when we’re in a situation of extreme stress. While rare, symptoms can include the obvious such as being scared to drive again, to less obvious signs like anxiety, sleeping problems, and others.
• Broken Bones – When you hear of fractured bones and car accidents, your first thought would probably be the bones in your arms and legs as they tend to fly after the initial impact, but that’s not always the case. While it’s still best to always wear it, your seatbelt can sometimes crack one or many of your ribs during an impact. Broken bones could put you out of work for weeks or months after a car accident, so it’s important to know all your legal options for compensation.
• Internal Bleeding – When your car suddenly stops in an accident, your organs don’t sit still, in fact they can sustain serious damage from the forces involved in high speed car accidents. These types of injuries should be thoroughly examined and treated immediately after a car accident.
How do I get compensation from a car accident?
If you or a loved one was hurt or killed in a car accident due to the negligence of another driver, you need to contact an experienced lawyer from the DeMore Law Firm. Our lawyers, Tim DeMore and Phil Dysert, have over 30 years of combined personal injury experience helping drivers, passengers, and pedestrians in Onondaga County just like you. To learn more about our experience with automobile crashes in Syracuse, click here.